Here’s an idea of the planned itineraries for both my treks; it’s give or take a day.
**Annapurna Circuit( approx 300km/187m): Start date April 19:
I would like to do this in a day less (mainly to have an extra rest day between treks!), so this itineray could change quite a bit, but then again I may stick to just this.
- Day1: Pokhara – Besishar (by bus) / Besisahar – Bhulbule
- Day2: Bhulbule – Jagat
- Day3: Jagat – Tal
- Day4: Tal – Chame
- Day5: Chame – Pisang
- Day6: Pisang – Ghyaru – Braga (high trail)
- Day7: Ice Lake sidetrip – Manang
- Day8: Manang – Yak Kharka
- Day9: Yak Kharka – Thorung Pedi
- Day10: Thorung Pedi – Muktinath (Thorung-la pass 5,415meters/17,769feet)
- Day11: Muktinath – Jharkot
- Day12: Jharkot – Marpha
- Day13: Marpha – Kalopani
- Day14: Kalopani – Ghasa
- Day15: Ghasa -Tatopani
- Day16: Tatopani – Shika
- Day17: Shika – Ghorepani
- Day18: Ghorepani – Tikhedunga
- Day19: Tikhedhunga – Nayapul (transport back to Pokhara).
**Everest Basecamp Trek (approx 110km/70m): Start date May 9 or 10.
- Day1: Fly to Lukla / Lukla – Phakding
- Day2: Phakding – Namche Bazar
- Day3: rest day for acclimatization (if needed)
- Day4: Namche – Tengboche
- Day5: Tengboche – Pheriche
- Day6: Pheriche – Dughla
- Day7: Dughla – Lobuche
- Day8: Lobuche – EBC (5,360meters/17,600feet)
I then stay in the Alpine Ascents camp; wait for the Climbers to do their thing and then hike out with the Expedition team.